Pantiles for raised bed..........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantiles for raised bed..........

I have a load of terraccota pantiles that I was given that are really in the way.
    I have decided to try and make a raised bed 4 foot wide and 12 foot long with them at the top of my allotment.
    Once set into the soil they will stick up about 1 foot. My plan is to grow swedes in this area as last years swedes were ravaged by rats.
    Hopefully the raised surround will deter them and if necessary I will mesh over the top.

An interesting project methinks which I inted to start this morning.

If it looks ok I'll post a piccie................

If it doesn't I won't..................
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Are they the curved ones? It should look really nice. Post a pic anyway - you know how 'nosey' we all are.

Comment

Totally misread the subject of this thread! d'oh!

Comment

Be a bit difficult walking, Chris!

Comment

Good grief. Think I need my eyes tested. Thought you said something else too!

()

Comment

Its all in the mind, Chris - Yours and mine!!

Comment

While I was a gardener in Gibraltar we had loads of 'raised' beds made from sunken pantiles in the garden. These edges were only 5 - 6 inches tall and were always getting cracked and broken by the wedding parties. I wouldn't to it. Apart from knocks and bumps there is frost damage to think about.

Cheers, Tony.
              Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

Made a start. About half way through. Quite impressed as they look quite good. Took some piccies but they didn't come out very well so will take some more when I finish it.
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Kleftiwallah View Post
                  While I was a gardener in Gibraltar we had loads of 'raised' beds made from sunken pantiles in the garden. These edges were only 5 - 6 inches tall and were always getting cracked and broken by the wedding parties. I wouldn't to it. Apart from knocks and bumps there is frost damage to think about.

Cheers, Tony.
                  I would have thought that as they were originally designed for roofs they shouldn't be affected by frost?

Not planning on having any wedding parties in the lottie either!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Its all in the mind, Chris - Yours and mine!!
                    Am I missing summat here? do tell..............

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Chris will have to whisper in your ear, Snadger, I'm not going to!

Comment

I think you will find the pan tiles made in the Med are entirely different to ours, much softer for a start.

Colin
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I need to go to specsavers, have never heard of pantiles so missed the "l".........Good luck Snadge.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

You're not the first BM!

Comment

Same here, BM! I had to google, then felt a dope

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X