home made compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    very interesting thread,i have lots of lovely rotted down compost,sieved some yesterday,is heavy and looks like fine soil now,so if i mix it with some B&Q from last year it it should be good to use in flower buckets in the grow barn,instead of the usual latter on its own,or would it be recomended to use it on it's own,with or without a suppliment feed,last year i fed the toms and peppers ext,with chicken pu pellets put into their water trays,it worked well,
    if no one knows i will just experiment
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I make my own potting compost. For the first potting or small pots equal parts of sifted loam and leaf mould. Bigger pots or second potting equal parts of loam leafmould and sifted compost. Seems to work.
      I do buy seed compost as someone else said it saves the faff of sterilising it.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
        I make my own potting compost. For the first potting or small pots equal parts of sifted loam and leaf mould. Bigger pots or second potting equal parts of loam leafmould and sifted compost. Seems to work.
        I do buy seed compost as someone else said it saves the faff of sterilising it.
        thank you roitelet,have only got access to unrotted leaf mould,so will have to start a collection for next year
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X