who gardens the aquaponics way?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who gardens the aquaponics way?

after visiting australia a few years ago i came across a friend of a friend who had an aquaponics system in his garden, since then ive been growing veg in that way and have had a ton more veg than from my allotment for the space thats used, just wondered who else uses aquaponics here?

no but ive been looking into it!

Comment

Hi aquagirl and welcomes, I heard of and thinking of it, but time and the fact I'm in rented accommodation now but hey ho that'll change eventually, one day when I'm big again, I'll buy a piece of land this side and for now, I dream of having girls again and a couple of cattle and sheep and goats and and and and lol
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

What space are you using and what level of crops have you had from it? You'd need a heck of a large area to grow more than an actual allotment....so I'm confused as to how much space you have turned over to it.

Comment

Aquaponics as opposed to hydroponics seems to be high yield from what I've read about it per land space....

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

I've looked at her profile and she's an aquaponics retailer. So as soon as any links are posted they will obviously be to her company. Sigh. Don't you love these people.
            Last edited by zazen999; 05-03-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

how did you find that out, ive just looked on her profile and it says nothing about her being a aquaponics retailer!

Comment

Look again Matt. The 'about me' page.

Just for you - a screenshot.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by zazen999; 05-03-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

actually no i wont post links to my site but tell you what ill post one to the aussie site.
                  you can find my site if you want to and no they dont have links to me either i just want like minded people to chat with in the uk as for space i meant the area of growbed i have exceeds the area of similar size in my allotment heres the link to the aussie one tho
                  and no this isnt me
                  Last edited by zazen999; 05-03-2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: removal of link

Comment

also i promise that i wont put a link up in my profile or anywhere else but anyone that wants info can message me but i will give all info not just me and i dont know many people who do that

Comment

REDTHORN just because you are in rented accomodation shouldnt stop you, the beauty of aquaponics is that it is transportable, you can build any size system even if you only have a balcony in the city its possible
                      Last edited by aquagirl; 05-03-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Aquagirl you got to understand that here as a site gets a load of spam and commercial sellers trying to ply their trade here and it's hard work for our poor under appreciated mods(you can pay me laters Z ...just kidding about the pay that is), so if you're here to chat and offer advice and be part of a wonderful collective then a hearty welcome....

EDIT: crossed posts - There's a second reason, I'm a veggie( and yes! that means no fish either)....
                        Last edited by RedThorn; 05-03-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Not sure fish are allowed on our lottie........
                          Last edited by Bigmallly; 05-03-2012, 03:06 PM.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

no worries on the veggie bit you can use it with goldfish or koi cause any fish will do, for people with space for large systems they can sell the grown koi on for an added bonus

Comment

i wouldnt recommend aquaponics for the allotment even if they did allow fish, for a start you would need electic access for a decent pump and worst of all you would need security cause the fish would soon become a target even more than the veg is now lost a ton of veg last year to thieves grrrr

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X