Topsy Turvey Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    could you put the holes in the sides of the bucket and plant a couple of tomatoes in it. Then petunias ofrwhatever in the top - and sit the pot on a wall or solid base?
    I'm not building a wall just to sit a couple of pots on........
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

What about one of those milkmaid yokes? You could walk around with a couple of buckets hanging from your shoulders.

Comment

OK, I think I understand what you want to do. BUT if you won't build a wall to put them on, will you build a wall to hang them from?
        BTW some of my buckets have lugs on for handles.

Comment

I was at Wisley with Fi when we saw plastic carrier bags in a greenhouse- filled with compost and a tomato growing out of the bottom and swiss chard growing out of the top.
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by hollychap View Post
            I tried them last year only cause i bought an upside down planter bag thingy at a bootsale no noticeable differance
            have never tried it myself YET,the advantage i imagine would be more growing space,and out the reach of pests 2 or 4 legged lol,but would the plant not twist round and still reach upwards,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              BTW some of my buckets have lugs on for handles.
              Ear, ear.............
              Attached Files
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                but would the plant not twist round and still reach upwards,
                I don't know, I've never grown trailing toms before. I would assume not or at least hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Ear, ear.............[ATTACH=CONFIG]27587[/ATTACH]
                  Makes me think of
                  Urnie, Ernie, and he drove the fastest milkcart in the West....

Comment

if is just for fun why not give a try... what i did was to cut an hole of 5 cm at the bottom then put a piece of cardboard to stop soil to come out. what i did as well for my hanging basket is make 3 holes like triangle shape ad put some garden wire but what i do is 3 plats with 3 wire each so it's strongher and then make a nod.. is much cheaper and look better then normal hanging basket....but i forgot to say about the tomatoes that because we had a lot of rain after june the tomatoes plant was covered with water coming from the bottom of the pot and the stem was very bad looking and i think beacause it was trying to grow roots but i'm not sure...
                    Last edited by Sarico; 29-02-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X