No announcement yet.

Chillis

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a bit later in the year last year, when I tried to grow tomatoes.
    They seemed to go leggy really quickly.
    I've not tried chillies before.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
      Now your just taking the p....mickey.
      I thought his name was Colin?

Comment

My propagator is in the spare bedroom which is fairy light not bright ...

While they're all taking the pee Steve ...

seriously, get the blind drawn and your seedlings in the most brightest fairy light you can give them
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've got a good bright place but am struggling to find a warm windowsill in this weather. I'm going to wait till the end of the month. Have decided I can't afford a heated propagator.

Comment

It was a bit later in the year last year, when I tried to grow tomatoes.
            They seemed to go leggy really quickly.
            I've not tried chillies before.
            Tomatoes do not need a heated prop! Whereas you are just trying to crack open the pods and kick start them with chillis.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              Tomatoes do not need a heated prop! .
              So where did I read you need a propagator? Confused

Comment

So where did I read you need a propagator? Confused
                I don't know! But toms will germinate just fine in the kitchen or indoors. Perhaps you read 'propagator' as a generic term rather than 'heated propagator'?

Comment

Thank you to northepaul who is going to send me some chilli seeds.
                  I so excited.

Comment

If you have no luck with them CS, give me a shout, I have loads of varieties, and can give you a couple of plants as insurance if you want. I'm in Ely, so not sure how far that would be from you.
                    "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

T8Ter
                      Potted up some of your Fatalis toda from the chilli seed swap, looking good

Comment

Hi TLO
                        Glad they've grown, they are one of my favourite chilli, good heat and great flavour- I'm growing Red Fatalli this year so if you like the yellow and fancy trying the red give me a prompt nearer harvest time.
                        "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thank you, i may just do that

Comment

This year I am growing:
                            Twilight (4 seeds)
                            Orange Habanero (4 seeds)
                            Gusto Purple (4 seeds)
                            Scotch Bonnet (2 seeds)

All these were planted in the heated prop on 2012-01-07 and sprouted 3 days later (at which point I took the prop lid off, they have always been on a south facing window, and I left them in the prop until day 16 (uncovered but on heat) and then transferred them to individual pots.

They are all looking nice and strong and none of them died. they all look as good as each other!

The big plants in the pic's are the Apache Cayenne's I grew from seed last year, just threw a load of seed's in a pot and then transplanted when they started to grow.

My guess would be with the others, that the blind is taking away a little sunlight too much. I guess just like plants being shadowed by other plants and growing tall to get direct sunlight.

Darren.
                            Chilli Grower
                            mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
                            +----------------------------------+
                            | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
                            +----------------------------------+

Comment

Originally posted by T8Ter View Post
                              If you have no luck with them CS, give me a shout, I have loads of varieties, and can give you a couple of plants as insurance if you want. I'm in Ely, so not sure how far that would be from you.
                              Cheers T8Ter
                              I live near Heath hospital and go to Dyffryn Gardens on mon, tues and Wed so i go along Cowbridge road. Or cabbage road as I heard it called the other day.

Comment

Twilight were my first attempt at Chilli's last year and they were brilliant, even with my rubbish care They produced almost 60 little chilli's on the one plant, which I neglected and just left sat in a sunny corner on my patio all year, they are teeny things, but great flavour and fairly hot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X