No announcement yet.

Mulching...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They grow up towards the light, in the hole you put in the cardboard. Most of the weeds are under the cardboard and don't get any light (because the card is blocking it)

If you put spuds in and then covered the entire area with cardboard, the spuds wouldn't break through, they would grow white and spindly under the mulch
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• My plan is to put the spuds in, wait til they emerge, and then mulch. Last year my spuds did not come out of the ground where I expected them too!
      Proud member of the Nutters Club.
      Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

• This is my concern Kaiya, but I shall have faith in the grapes that have done it before me. I've not used a thick layer of card so will wait for them to show themselves and put another layer around them.
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

• *nods* I'm sure TS's method would work. I've never grown potatoes successfully so it wasn't a massive surprise when they popped up 20cms sideways of where I'd planted them! This year I've had strong words with my little chitting babies and told them not to wander off.
          Proud member of the Nutters Club.
          Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiya View Post
            put the spuds in, wait til they emerge, and then mulch.
            That's how I do it

No earthing up, dead easy
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• ^ I followed this advice last year, will do it again this year....

Comment

• Ditto.................
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X