Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet Corn Plants, Not a success in 2011!.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine were also small, but i do blame myself for that because i transplanted them from rootrainers a little bit too late. They were very pot bound and although they grew they didn't grow very tall, they seemed to be checked by the weather.
    "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

I actually had a good crop from mine this year. Bi-colour from Real Seeds. Only problem was the last ten got blown over in a gale. I propped them up and earthed them up and they survived a couple of weeks.
      History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Well it was very windy in May,ive asked around and this seems to be a very large factor in stunted growth

Comment

I germinated some and then had second thoughts as don't really have space to grow many plants. Don't think i'll go for it this year as have the same problem as much as i love sweetcorn

Comment

Grass rust? As you hint, anyway.

The grasses would be the last things if at all, affected by manure contaminants.

Comment

hi Two_sheds i also thought i may have planted them out to early to as before i transplanted them they looked like they were doing fine in the greenhouse. I also think it may be the seeds now as i have had the same packet for a few years … maybe, maybe not. with my photos ill try and make them smaller see if this works. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Hi All thanks for all your advice and comments on the sweetcorn, i now have more of an idea of what made them so terrible. hopfully they will be much much better this summer .... im not going to give up on growing them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X