No announcement yet.

White fly deterent?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfrey Tea, Garlic Water, Rhubab Water, will have to be reaplied after rain as outer solution washes off the leaves after heavy rain.All the best to all. FP.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Pot (English) marigolds don't have the right scent: try French or Mexican I tried them for years though, and they don't work.

This does though: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ids_23557.html
      I'm glad they're English as they're my faves.

I like the second recipe the best as a gallon is way too much. My Mom uses a garlic water spray to keep the slugs and snails off her hostas. She swears by it.

Thanks everybody.
      Last edited by donnakebab; 19-01-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

In the greenhouse try growing a couple of carnivorous plants,butterworts and sundews (esp drosera capensis)are easy to grow and hoover up vast quantities of whitefly and sciara fly,they are fascinating in their own right to,besides there's a certain appeal in a plant that is self fertillizing by predating on pests in the greenhouse or on your windowsill.here are a couple of shots of a butterwort growing on my front room windowsill showing dead sciara flys and the rather attractive flowers
        Attached Files
        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Originally posted by arpoet View Post
          To be honest, they dont give me sleepless nights. <snip>
          Roger
          I'm with Roger on this. Last year I completely netted my brassicas with plastic mesh with half inch gaps in it. That was fine for keeping the pigeons and cabbage whites off the plants, but they were still festooned with whitefly. A quick shake is enough to get most of them off, but I found that the damage done by them was negligible.

Comment

The turned my Romaesco to black slime in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
              The turned my Romaesco to black slime in the end

I guess that cabbages and sprouts and turnips are a bit more robust than broccoli.

Comment

im going to try the french marigolds as a deterent this year im growing extra for the allotment , last year everything was covered in whitefly ,when i moved the debris netting to weed around the brassicas they swarmed out it was terrible!! even the weeds around my allotment were covered so im willing to give anything a try ,i did use asda own brand organic spray but it wasnt very good

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X