No announcement yet.

Creating a Brassica Bed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a good clay soil in Crawley, nice and compact, so i would do what SarzWix suggests with the cardboard and fabric. When your ready to plant, just take a plug out. Your brassicas will love you for it.
    "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Unless you are going to be getting perennial weeds out - don't dig it over, just leave it!

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        if Chris Beardshaw advocates it, it must be right!
        I would have thought you, of all people, would be open to new ideas and information
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          I would have thought you, of all people, would be open to new ideas and information
          I am, but only if the RHS or some other reputable organisation had verified it?

This isn't just a small finding, this would cast doubt on crop rotation practices that have been in practice since man stopped becoming a hunter gatherer and started farming the land for food. Apart from that my Dad and Grandad would turn in their graves at such a suggestion.(rolleyes)

(I intend doing my own tests in the summer once my beans have cropped anyway)
          Last edited by Snadger; 02-01-2012, 06:10 PM.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X