No announcement yet.

The Bush Tomato Thread 2012 and beyond

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ll of my synodic sown toms are germinated and looking great. The biodynamic I have a 25% no show on. Not necessarily all bush though ...I got carried away.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Mines done nothing it just sways around a bit, the same plants I pit under artificials are at least 4 inches high

Comment

• Just re-potted seedlings planted on 22/12/2011 and 01/01/2012 into 3 inch pots (seedlings started off in coir pellets). As the seedlings continue to grow I'll top up the compost until the top of the pot is reached (hopefully they will not be as leggy this way).
        Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 20-01-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Imur Prior, Garden Pearl, Dwarf Wax, Bajaja and Principe Borghese germinated today (Imur Prior is going to be grown wild style so I'm including it with the other bush types)
          Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 21-01-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Orange Fleshed Purple Smudged, Pink Ping Pong and Violet Jasper tomatoes all germinated today. Will also be grown wild style.

Comment

• Ok - not done any gardening for a week so it's time to pot on my Maskotka toms. I don't care what moon day it is as I only have today to do them.

Comment

• My Maskotka & Minibels all up but not ready for a move to greater things yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
                  Orange Fleshed Purple Smudged, Pink Ping Pong and Violet Jasper tomatoes all germinated today. Will also be grown wild style.
                  I don't care what these toms taste like - I just love their names - like characters from a cartoon - or maybe Gilbert & Sullivan operetta. As an aside, have you grown them before?

Comment

• I haven't sown mine yet.
                    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• VC, never grown the toms before. Like you I thought they sounded interesting

Comment

• Koralik planted 08/01 and still no sign of life.Last year they were slow too.
                        http://petersgarden101.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• How long did they take last year?
                          The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• Red Alert germinated today. Still waiting for a few no shows. Will give until the end of next week, if there is still no signs of life - it's composting time.

Comment

• Minibel, Dwarf Wax, Maja, Texas Wild, Togi and Maskotka (all sown on 22/12/11) have dinky first true leaves

Comment

• Minibel and Maskotka are now being composted. Came back from a few days away and they were less than lifeless.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X