I made more Lutenitza today

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made more Lutenitza today

I took in the last of the toms and peppers this morning, and made 14 jars of Lutenitza. It's a bit nippy outside today, so I recon I can't push my luck any more in terms of the first frost.

Gosh- not bad for mid November!

Are you getting unusually warm weather too?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

14 jars? Blimey Merlin you did that quick, I'd have been at it all day. What's the temperature there at the mo? We have bright sunshine today and I would think above 10 degrees. Really pleased because yesterday it was really damp, dark and dreary.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

OK, I'll ask, what's Lutenitza?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Me too - what's Lutenitza?
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

We were at it reasonably early, I go out to open the chickens at about six'ish (I have a theory that the catching the first light keepes them in lay longer), I have had my eye on the last of the peppers and toms for a while now. They seem to just 'stay as they are' right at the end of summer until a couple of light frosts, especially the cherry toms. We have kind of slipped into doing the same bits each and getting a few jars done is easily possible in a morning (we are GMT+2). It is a kind of spead really, I love the smell of the roasting peppers! Anyway, last year we made a short film of the process, you can watch it if you follow this link, I am making a web site for little things like this, but it is not very good, i am still trying learn how to do the web site lol How to make bulgarian Lutenitza

Comment

Merlin- I LOVE your website!

Espesh your cider making!!!!! te he! ( yr mad mate- has anyone ever told you that????)
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I wouldn't mind making Lutenitza next year so thanks for posting your film link Merlin
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

well, them there films were entertaining..watched them all except the wine growers day one. I especially liked the bad dancing and miming, and the cheesemaking and breadcheesemaking was good, may have a bash

Comment

Lol, well I am glad it was entertaining, my daughters think the site is quaint but totally unnavigable, so you all must be as mad as I am :-)

Comment

Watched the Luvenitsa film. I could feel the warmth of the sun and the sheer pleasure of cooking simply out of doors. Wonderful!!! Then the bad feelings came over me - jealousy - that you could have a WHEELBARROW full of peppers, tomatoes etc. Enjoy your life - it looks wonderful!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X