Planting in Modules

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"So now I need to get the countersink out (who needs drills ?"

May I ask what a "countersink" is and why was it in a 3 legged dressing table? Is it something like a vanity basin?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      New knicker elastic will fix sliding drawers!
      Or braces!

Comment

New knicker elastic will fix sliding drawers!
        I'm not sure my budget will stretch to that, Snadger. I may use it, but I'll not make a snap decision yet.

FYI, veggie, a countersink isn't the basin used to wash off makeup. It is a little object like a drill bit with a handle, that when rotated widens the entry point of a hole in wood, just where the top of the screw needs extra room in order to lie recessed.
        So I suppose you could say the short answer is it helps when screwing, leaves one flush with pride and joy !
        In this case, I'd use it in lieu of a drill, and go right through the wood with it. Of course I could use a power drill...or the handoperated equivalent, a bit and brace...but braces are boring.
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Thank you so much, Snohare, for your erudite explanation. I am sooooo much the wiser!!!However, you seem to get pleasure from it so that's fine by me.
          Just one more little teaser for you. Does a three legged dressing table contain three legged drawers? A brief answer will suffice.

Comment

Does a three legged dressing table contain three legged drawers?
            I really couldn't tell you, all I know was it was totally legless before I thought to ask it. That was my fault, but hey, it was a smashing bit of furniture...until it got totally smashed.
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Tee-totally wrecked, you could say; hasn't got a leg to stand on. Good job its bottom was solid - until you gave it a hammering.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X