No announcement yet.

Copper versus snails & slugs.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found the copper more effective against snails than slugs. I do feel that it's worth the effort, even if it makes a small dent in the onslaught

Comment

Originally posted by blue411 View Post
      Ive used the tape and to be honest it was pants.... i wouldnt use it again. Definately got the feeling the slugs were laughing at me.
      If you hooked each end up to the mains electricity that would take the smile off there face!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
        That's my understanding also Snadge. Mind you Colin, with the price of scrap copper the way it is, would you not be as well flooging some copper to a scrap merchant and investing the proceeds in nematodes?
        There lies a problem, many years ago when the price of scrap was pants I foolishly agreed that my man could have all future scrap. Being a man of my word if I scrapped off the spare pipe I have I would give it to him. So I may as well give this ago and see what happens.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I did put copper tape around my potted chillis and cucumbers that were being eaten alive by slugs. Combined with nemaslugging the garden. One thing or another worked and the slugs disappeared. We get big blightershere too- 4-5 inches long.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X