No announcement yet.

My best buy this year is..... what is yours

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A decent quality pruning saw. It's opened my eyes to how easy pruning trees and shrubs can be. Previously I struggled on with secateurs and some wobbly handled loppers - using them on branches that really were far too large and was scolded by the man who sharpens my tools...
    come visit a garden
    or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Weed suppressant fabric and a ton of gravel! It has transformed the area in the garden around the raised beds, greenhouse and in the greenhouse. Cannot think why we did not do it before.

Comment

can someone please post a pic of a "trug" - I have no idea what you are talking about and I am intrigued!

Comment

shona here's a google link to some :- tub trug - Google Search
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

So many trugs in desirable colours and shapes. I want more....

Comment

I bought a couple and they got commandeered for the house......

Comment

I wonder sometimes how I managed without one.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  I wonder sometimes how I managed without one.
                  Or even six?

Comment

thanks for the trug link - i searched myself and found some very expenssive, hand made wooden ones and thought - blimey I wouldn't dare to use them on the allotment let along haul logs! I can now see the difference - tubtrugs are going on my christmas list

Comment

wheres the cheapest trugs
                      are their any real differences in quality?

Comment

I buy mine wherever they are on special offer - supermarkets, garden centres. Whatever you pay, they seem to last for ever. I've only had one damaged - I tried to carry a bag of stone chippings in it and the handles snapped! But I still use it for storage and carrying lightweight things around. Long live the trug!!!

Comment

My best buys:
                          Kindle - using it more and more
                          Exercise bike - working on using it mroe and more.... :-)
                          Secatures - rather expensive but they cut so easily and I have 2 spare blades for them as well.

I have those gel-filled kneeling pads and they are a heaven sent. My dodgy knees always thank me when I use them.

Those trugs are going on my list for Christmas. Must get some.
                          ‘you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore'

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
                            wheres the cheapest trugs
                            are their any real differences in quality?
                            You can buy cheap (Wilkos etc) or you can buy good (Tub Trugs). I've had a few of the Wilko ones and they develop vertical splits after a season or two: hopeless
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X