No announcement yet.

First Frost?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty warm in warrington - I don't think it dropped below about 8 degrees.
    Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

No frost here on the coast, but it was white a few miles inland
      Attached Files
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just thinking that I think I'd welcome a frost to do for the courgette plants, don't feel I can pull them up while they're producing but am getting a teeny bit fed up of them now and OH is almost running away so was delighted when I brought some autumn brocolli and a red cabbage home yesteray as well as about half a dozen courgettes and 4 huge marrows

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We had a light frost tother day. Singed the nasturtiums and courgies but the chillies which are now uncovered were still fine. Think we're due one tonight so I've dug up a couple to ripen indoors. Picked the remaining cayennes and tried a green un raw before tea. It was evol I tell you. Milk was required.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadylane View Post
            Picked the remaining cayennes and tried a green un raw before tea. It was evol I tell you. Milk was required.
            Bread works as well (I had 10 aunts who all used far too many chillies )

Hey, maybe you could use the heat from the next one you eat to ripen t'others (breathe on them)

Oddly enough we haven't had a frost yet, though we have one forecast for Thursday morning.
            The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Great photos TS.

I thought there was going to be a frost.. clear sky, very cold last night - no sign of one this morning (it rained, thankfully) .

Comment

Roses are dead
                Courgettes are glue
                Frost on the ground
                So what can I do?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Frost here this morning, hope the chillies are ok
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

No sign of frost yet, dropped to about 8 last night, but felt a lot colder in the breeze.
                    "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

We got down to 5 degrees last night - tonight is forecast at 3.

Comment

Frost here last night,great,that means no rain,and that lovely earthy autumn smell,i love it...

Comment

No frost as yet! but a very cold breezy day!! Heavy rain am then sun came out.

paul.
                          Help Wildlife.
                          Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Tonight is to be the coldest so far, 1c but then the next 5 days look amazing again, 18c for Sunday, what the heck is that all about lol
                            www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Yep, we just had our first frost. It's about a week early this year. We usually get a short cold snap in late Oct, then mildish until Feb when it gets really cold
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

So close to one this morning.. if it's clear tonight I think we'll have one! Bleh.

though, I was able to pod my first dried beans - amazing Pulling out some orca beauts from their paper sacks was quite special

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X