No announcement yet.

A big thank you to all grapeviners

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's fantastic news. . I think it's great when hard work is recognised and 5 x 1st, 2 x 2nd and 3 x 3rd is great recognition indeed. I think a BIG CONGRATULATIONS is in order...well done you.

Comment

Brilliant! Well done
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Wow that's fab! You must be soooo pleased!
        come visit a garden
        or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well done it goes to show you don't have to be a medwyn williams to be a prize winner.....
          this will be a battle from the heart
          cymru am byth

Comment

Excellent news - I am very pleased for you. Colin's proffered some great tips over these threads and so many others. A pat on the back to all Grapes.
            Hope you show even more next year!
            It's our show this Saturday...I wonder if I dare
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

VVG go for it. You never know till you try.

Colin
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Well done you! But where are the piccies of your prize-winners???? We want to seeeeeeee!!!!
                  When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Many congratulations and well done for thanking The Vine.
                    I don't enter competitions but have used this site instead of buying books.
                    The wealth of information here is, quite frankly, staggering.
                    Well Done The Vine !
                    Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Oh VirginVegGrower, do have a go.
                      I had a great case of the wobblies at 6am on the morning of the show
                      Choosing & picking herbs...parsley,golden oregano,sage,thyme,mint,oregano,basil then picking mange tout,courgettes,chillies,borlotti beans,curly kale,broad beans to name but a few
                      When I eventually got to the Village Hall at 9am it was heaving!
                      But when I asked for advice, a lot of the 'old hands' there IMMEDIATELY left their exhibits to show me how to go on.
                      Believe me I had no idea it would be so many people & exhibits.
                      Someone got my envelope for me and people walked up and down, down and up showing me where the various classes were.
                      They were very complimentary about the way I displayed things & about the unusual varieties I'd taken to show.Such kind and enthusiastic people who made me feel very welcome.
                      After the judging we were allowed back in & I was truly amazed to have got prizes.
                      One of the judges spoke to me about some of my entries & was very complimentary & helpful.
                      Apparently the judges had chatted over lunch about my one of my entries of 5 different vegetables.. 2 of each in a space not exceeding 2ft x 2ft which was tight space for some entries but I showed Borlotti/Mange Tout/Garlic/Courgettes/Chillies on a dinner plate
                      I can't tell you how wonderful the whole experience was.
                      I had joined the local Gardening Club back in April and it was there I got the confidence to have a go
                      The prizes were a huge bonus, the joy for me is in growing,nurturing and EATING.

I did take a few pics prior to the show and some are entered in the Grapevine virtual show 2011.
                      We did some swops after the show and I now have prize winning potatoes, carrots,onions & sweet red peppers in my veg rack from fellow growers.
                      They seemed keen to swop for my chillies,garlic,borlottis and mange tout.

I will re-iterate, The Grapevine is responsible for my lovely produce, no doubt about it.
                      Your advice is fantastic,I can't thank you enough.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Last photo I promise!

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X