No announcement yet.

Oh Those Russians.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Another One Bites The Dust" when pruning?
    ...and then there's the ubiquitous "If I Had a Hammer".

Never realised it was so widespread (though perhaps this place attracts the weirdos? )
    You'll have all of us singing those now!

One of my worst is "Bringing in the sheaves". Changing the word "sheaves" is bad enough ("sheets/sheep/cheese") but I also find myself singing things like "Brushing out the dog...", "Pulling up the weeds...", "Bringing out the tea..."
    The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

I thought you simply had to sing to the plants in the green house. I've been doing it for years and now I find that it is only if I'm expecting the men in white coats.... I am traumatised now and will have to lie down in the greenhouse with my bottle of wine and talk to the bees insted.
      ‘you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore'

Comment

Perhaps we should compile an Album. "Ditties to Dig To", "Tunes to Tickle Yer Toms" et.c!
        "I'm Still Standing" - suitable for after a heavy gale or an afternoon's autumn digging.
        "Total Eclipse of the Heart" - Bad caterpiller attack on your brasssicas.
        .....Suggestions on a postcard......
        When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Suggestions on a postcard.
          How do we decide who gets the first postcard ?

I used to talk to my plants, but I found that they all wilted after a while.
          It's amazing, they are just like human beans in some ways !
          If you ever hear of a freak strangling accident in a veggie garden, you will know that I tried singing to my runner beans...
          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

LOL CT I knew exactly what song you were referring to without even opening the post properly O LOVE BONEY M (and so does Mr B) we're only in out 30s so it IS a bit of an anomoly! this post has cheered me right up!
            http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Set fire to the rain by Adele. Get cabin fever if I'm not able to pace up and down the garden. Which is made worse by the deep rooted desire to plant something.
              Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Last itme I tried singing to my plants the local dog warden turned up looking for an injured animal.
                Oh and the plants died I now stick to kind words or if necessary a touch of the sgt major.

"All right you lot get fell in, nice straight line, heads up" that kind of thing.

Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps you could try Windsor Davies bits in "Whispering Grass" Colin - and get Mrs Pots to sing Don Estelle's part.

How about "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" Creamteez? Or "I can't stand the rain"?

Comment

Hopefully followed (eventually) by "Mr Blue Sky", or even "The Sun Has Got His Hat On".

Comment

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
                      forcing me to break into a lively chorus of the popular Boney M hit.
                      Ra! Ra! Rasputin, lover of the Russian Queen -there was a cat that really was gone.....
                      Seriously, can't help it!
                      damn you......it's in my head now and won't go away........playing over and over. It's a small world after all........that should get you back

Loving my allotment!

Comment

it's in my head now and won't go away
                        Ha Ha ! You have an earworm !

Funny how some songs do that, isn't it, sort of the mental equivalent of a record player's needle getting stuck. Like whenever you imagine "The Birdie Song" from TOTP....
                        AARGH, I CAN'T GET THE BIRDIE SONG OUT OF MY MIND NOW !!
                        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
                          damn you......it's in my head now and won't go away........playing over and over. It's a small world after all........that should get you back
                          Ha! Knew I'd get someone singing it over and over!
                          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

he could teach the bible like a preacher full of ecstasy and fire.....
                            http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X