Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Raining Rain, Hallelluia, It's raining Rain!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've had rain most of the day on & off...the nice slow stuff that sinks into the ground and not just run's off.

Comment

lucky you to those who have had heavy rain, we have none to mention, ground is dry as a bone.

maz

Comment

I am relieved to say we had rain sunday afternoon all the way through to monday around midday. Hopefuly just the job to fatten my Aaran pilot's in the folks garden. Seems to have livened up my courgette's as well when i checked today there were 4 forming at least
        My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

Put down feed weed and mosskill on two customers lawns today and the heavens opened up just as I finished the second one. Woohoo, someone up there looking after me. First rain we have had for ages and sorely needed in the plot

Comment

Had enough rain,and hail, and thunder and lightning, please can I have some sunshine, I will be good I promise,pretty please

Comment

Plenty of rain here, and more forecast. Does not look as if I will get any gardening done over the next 4 days.
              I want sunshine all day and rain during the night. Any chance???

Ian

Comment

We had rain forecast all week, but it's still blazing sunshine. No real rain since first week in April, only light showers that evaporate before they do any good
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I am just back from calling down the lottie on my way to the shops.. what rain we had has done little to soften the soil. it did nowt to fill the water butts from the roof either.
                  Hope we get mare later today as forecast.
                  Roger
                  Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Little 'un doesn't know what to make of the rain; we've had so little of it since she started to walk, she'd never had the pleasure of jumping in puddles until Monday. Just the look of sheer delight on her face was easily worth the price of the wellies!
                    Oh yes, the lottie is enjoying it too!

Comment

Originally posted by richardbees View Post
                      Sorry Mothhawk but you get a lot morain than we do down in the SE

- I'm Balham SW London and we had over an inch!

Trouble is that all of a sudden weeds will appear!
                      An INCH!!! A whole INCH!!!!

What I would give for half of that! Since March, we have only had 2 half hours of misty stuff that was barely enough to dampen the washing on the line, plus 1 rainy cloudburst that filled my waterbutt with a rush and dried off the garden within 2 hours.

There have been loads of lovely big black clouds, but they all blow over our village and rain on the village 3 miles away, (and about 60 metres higher up). Reckon I'm well and truly in a rain shadow, as there is a tall hill to the south as well.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by arpoet View Post
                        I am just back from calling down the lottie on my way to the shops.. what rain we had has done little to soften the soil. it did nowt to fill the water butts from the roof either.
                        Hope we get mare later today as forecast.
                        Roger
                        Your location sounds right at the moment Roger. We did get the downpour yesterday for about 15 minutes, but then it dried out again didn't it? Heavy black clouds threatened again about two hours ago, but the sun is out and not a cloud in the sky now!
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Flo we've got dark clouds and we've just had a few spots of rain.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I take it all back Bren, I've just looked out of the window and although the sun is streaming in, the sky is black!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Well, the sky went black yesterday afternoon and it really looked and felt as if it was going to rain as promised. However, all we got was a few "spits". Clear and sunny again this morning. Might rain today, as daughter and her partner are planning a picnic in the park with their little son.

Comment

A few big spits here too Rusty, just after I'd hung out the washing. Then once I'd got it all in, it stopped and the sky went blue again *sigh
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X