No announcement yet.

Rain, rain, glorious rain

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a steady rain since I got up at 8.30. You can almost hear the plants slurping it up!
    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
      Oh please can we have some rain in Lowestoft? Pretty pretty please with cherries on top?
      Not until after I've been there for a few days next week please. First rain here in last few days for months,plants have grown loads but so have weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
        I am soooooo moving to Kent. Had a boyfriend there years ago; wonder if he's still available?! Hmmm...
        You can only visit if you bring the rain with you

Comment

Send it here to Essex please... another mammoth watering session today, and all the plants still looking most pathetic...

Comment

Yes, rain in norfolk/suffolk would be lovely. Very moody clouds the last week or so, and a few drizzles but nothing to quench the plant's thirst.

Comment

It's quite dark and "heavy" here at the moment, but I bet we don't get the much needed rain.

Comment

We've had glorious non-stop rainfall from c.9pm last night to 6pm tonight. I couldn't get anything done, but looking out the back now, in the early evening light, the garden looks so much better. Even the birds seem cheerier.

Comment

It's rained here up until 4pm then the last 4 hours have been just like a summers day
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Pies View Post
                    You can only visit if you bring the rain with you
                    I will - promise!
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I was in the greenhouse all morning sorting the canes in my toms and pepper, was nice to be on the lottie in the rain and not get a socking \o/
                      Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                      Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                      -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Harrumph.
                        That coming from a guy living in the West of Scotland.
                        Need I say more?
                        We're needing that yellow/red ball thingy. You know that chappie you see occasionally up in the sky?
                        Give me a long enough hose and I'll sort you all out!
                        Clay soil is just the big yins way of letting you know nothing good comes easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Currysniffa View Post
                          I was in the greenhouse all morning sorting the canes in my toms and pepper, was nice to be on the lottie in the rain and not get a socking \o/
                          Well South if the country has lashed it all day :<
                          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I'm with MrPB, but can you also take the wind.
                            Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              It's rained here up until 4pm then the last 4 hours have been just like a summers day
                              Bang on Bren, the sun came out here at 4, so I was able to get my bras out after all
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

The Sunshine Coast is living up to it's name. No rain here except a little mizzle yesterday. But it's back to full sunshine again today. On the one hand it's great as i can get loads done while the boys play in the garden but on the other hand we're on clay which has now set so hard you can barely break the ground when you try to work it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X