No announcement yet.

Cucumber Alert

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew there was a reason that I have sown 20 cucumber plants!
    Do you think I could start filling the gap?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I killed 20 cucumber plants. So difficult to grow! Stem rot. E Coli maybe!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Apparently they were 'organic' cucumbers. A bit too organic if you ask me!!

Comment

With the amount of people ill with this outbreak you would have to think its down to bad hygiene at the processing plant.

Colin
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I think you're right Colin.
            Thing that hits home to me is that you can really only ever absolutely trust your own grown veg because you know how it's been treated.
            I wish I had the space to do more, including poultry and other livestock. Maybe one day.
            Clay soil is just the big yins way of letting you know nothing good comes easy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpaulbradley View Post
              I think you're right Colin.
              Thing that hits home to me is that you can really only ever absolutely trust your own grown veg because you know how it's been treated.
              I wish I had the space to do more, including poultry and other livestock. Maybe one day.
              Methinks you require a smallholding. Me too but somewhere south of Kent, like France for example!:-)
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I'm certainly going to be kinder to my cucumber seedlings now! My daughter goes through about 4 big ones a week, her three girls eat it like fruit.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Whoo! I got to use the merge function

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                    Whoo! I got to use the merge function
                    Steady on! Don't let power go to your head!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I must admit that yesterday when shopping for food, I checked to see where the cukes had come from :s

Comment

Today, they are saying that the strain of e coli found in the Spanish cucumbers is not the strain making people ill in Germany

Comment

First they say its Spanish cumbers, then they say their not sure, then they show a clip of hundreds of cumbers being dumped.

You would think they would get their facts straight before publishing its knocking heck out of the Spanish farmers and people still don't know what foodstuffs to avoid.

Colin
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                            Methinks you require a smallholding. Me too but somewhere south of Kent, like France for example!:-)
                            Mais oui! Mange tout mange tout mon ami! ;-)

Comment

Must also say I feel privileged to have been 'merged' by Chris our super douper moderator!
                              Last edited by mrpaulbradley; 01-06-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post

You would think they would get their facts straight before publishing its knocking heck out of the Spanish farmers and people still don't know what foodstuffs to avoid.

Colin
                                yeah, but you'd also think that people would use their heads and realise that not everything reported in the news is true.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X