summer lovely summer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer lovely summer

i got a chance to look at the veg patch today after nearly 2 weeks of rain and cold, and most of my french beans are now dead,keeled over ,and the runner beans further up seem to be going the same way,got into the g/house on wednesday and the temp inside was 9deg,it should be warmer than that at night now,according to a local weather enthusiast we have had nearly 2ft of rain in the last 14/15 days, and i lost 60%+ of the veg/fruit crop to the strong winds we had,dont you just love it when summer comes,i trust someone will let us know...
    Last edited by BUFFS; 28-05-2011, 02:42 PM.

Oh Buffs, that really does sound terrible! I am sorry you have lost so much. Hopefully you will be able to re-sow things and cross your fingers?!

Comment

Buffs you are not alone! Been up the allotment and s@dding wind has blown my sweetcorn to bits - when is it set to end?
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Hi Buffs,

I know how you feel, i am pretty much the same here.

I am trying to gaffa tape my greenhouse (polycarb) back together today but with another blast of 60mph winds it is not looking good. Please can we have some nice weather and share some of this rain with our friends down south who are in desperate need for it.....

Mandy

Comment

I know just how you feel - just found our french beans has been affected by halo blight - whaaaaaa?! - never had that or even heard of it before! Its enought to make you weep. *boooo hoooo
          Tammy x x x x
          Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Looking at the forecast for this week and beyond, it all looks set to change, starting Tuesday.

Comment

whoooopppeeeeeeeeeee
              Tammy x x x x
              Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwalker View Post
                Looking at the forecast for this week and beyond, it all looks set to change, starting Tuesday.
                What.......for the worse!!!!!!!!!!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Saw on Country Tracks this morning that my area has had one tenth of normal rainfall whilst Buffs area has had more than twice normal. I need a long hose!
                  History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

the daft thing is the river is a spate river,rises 4/5 ft and flows straight out to sea,surely they could have overflow pipes to get it into resevoirs,to use as grey water,to be pumped around to where its needed,then again osborne would no doubt put vat on it ,its on everything else....
                    Last edited by BUFFS; 01-06-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

the one thing that cheers is that the tatties have really taken off and this year the asparagus is great,and its stopped raining....great...

Comment

Oh no, I feel your pain Buffs! I lost all my beans in that horrendous gale a week or so ago, and now have to start more beans from scratch. My garden looks horrible after all the winds - all battered and torn looking. I keep reading that people are complaining of lack of water down south. Crumbs, I WISH
                        Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
                        www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X