cold night coming

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold night coming

beware people a cold night is coming down to 2 degrees. just been up the allotment to cover things up best i can. bloody wind dont help
    Last edited by hawthorns; 24-05-2011, 07:17 PM.
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Cheers most of mine is under cover now !!
    My year log of growthhttp://http://backgardenfarm.blogspot.com/
    up dated blog 27th june ..pls read if u have the time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0YjOHl2zI

Comment

Lucky I guess we are forecast 6-8 in Nottm so should be OK.

Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hawthorns - just rushed out and covered up as much as I could

Comment

Thanks- mine says 8C tonight but 3C tomorrow night.....we're just fleecing up in case...thanks for the warning hawthorns!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I use this which you can set to your postcode

Metcheck.com - Global Weather Forecasts - [Updated on 24 May 2011 at 21:00] - Weather Feeds - Live Data - Long Range Weather Forecasts
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by hawthorns View Post
              beware people a cold night is coming down to 2 degrees. just been up the allotment to cover things up best i can. bloody wind dont help
              Goodness! Thanks for the warning.

I checked it, and we're forecast 0C for tonight, which probably makes it minus something or other at ground level.

Comment

Thanks for the warning.
                Heard the forecast on the radio today-it's blowing from the north here.Potatoes are covered up with compost,greenhouse has all the vents,door shut,hopefully the heater will start working.Keeping fingers crossed for everything-can't fleece the strawberries as it's still blowing a hoolie here.I HATE this weather!It's last week of May for...*&^# @^&*(family forum)

Comment

I checked it, and we're forecast 0C for tonight, which probably makes it minus something or other at ground level.
                  Brrrrrrrrrrrr
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the warning. Thankfully its predicted to be 6oC in norwich tonight, so nothing to worry about here.

hope everyone further north is OK and fleeced up (don't forget to fleece yourself up y'know!)

Comment

Covered everything as best as I can.

Met office says only down to 8c tonight and it's 3c now
                      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzingtalk View Post

hope everyone further north is OK and fleeced up (don't forget to fleece yourself up y'know!)
                        Fire's going,wrapped like a sausage and a hot Scot beside

Comment

Womble - are you city or rural? Its a bit worrying if it is so low, seeing as you are only down the road from me. saying that, I live in a city centre, and all my plants are in pots against a wall so very well protected, and probably quite warm still from the day.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzingtalk View Post
                            Womble - are you city or rural? Its a bit worrying if it is so low, seeing as you are only down the road from me. saying that, I live in a city centre, and all my plants are in pots against a wall so very well protected, and probably quite warm still from the day.
                            Oh very rural, the city 10 miles away didn't even get a frost early May when we had a very bad one. It is v beautiful here and the wildlife is amazing, but you pay in temps.
                            "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

My garden got down to 5.2 which I don't think is too low. Only dwarf French beans and spuds tops that would suffer at the moment though. The rest is still doing the Greenhouse Fandango!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X