No announcement yet.

fresh new potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can highly recommend pentland lustre the taste is superb. i will be growing more next year
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

I have Duke of York, planted about 11/12 April. They're beginning to flower. When can I look please?

<hops up and down impatiently>
      Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
      By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
      While better men than we go out and start their working lives
      At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

i have a row of duke of york also. they got hit by the frost a few weeks back so i will have to leave them a while longer

Comment

I pulled up some blue kestrel today they were lovely, I also had to pull up some Bonnie as the wind had snaped the the stems, not many tubers due to have hardly no rain for 3 months, but large potato these were meant to be bakers if they went to july I don't know what size they would be.

Marion
          Last edited by kittykat8; 26-05-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
            I have Duke of York, planted about 11/12 April. They're beginning to flower. When can I look please?

<hops up and down impatiently>
            My Arran Pilot on the plot were planted early April so I shall leave them till early July. But it's up to you!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Green Bean

Really new to the veg growing.
              My potato tops (first + second early)are very broken and bent over by wind damage odd ones are starting to flower. I have them in bags and bins, 3months are up this weekend for the first early do I lift or do I wait for them all to flower?

Comment

mine did not flower and i dug them up after 10 weeks and got plenty of swift spuds. try dugging 1 up and see what you get

Comment

There is really no set answer Green bean, you could lift them now and get a variety of sizes or wait longer for larger spuds. Personally I will lift them come what may middle of June at around 12 weeks as I need to make some room.
                  My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks all, only watered yesterday so I'll leave them until the end of the week to dry out a bit then I'll try one. Oooo can't wait...........

Comment

Originally posted by Green bean View Post
                      3months are up this weekend for the first early do I lift or do I wait for them all to flower?
                      They don't all flower. Depends on variety. Go by the timing. I'd try lifting one and seeing how it looks.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Wow those Pentland Lustre look really good. We just planted our ones 2 weeks ago so it will be a while before the new stock of them is ready. Well done anyway. The old varieties do taste good.
                        Potato videos here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X