No announcement yet.

Dirty finger nails!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Industrial hand wipes for the outer surface, shifts almost anything, followed by nail file and nail bush for the underside. Not being from the distaff side I don't use nail varnish.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
      Industrial hand wipes for the outer surface, shifts almost anything, followed by nail file and nail bush for the underside. Not being from the distaff side I don't use nail varnish.

Colin
      Do you use a buffer?! ;-)
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Can't get into that fancy stuff cut my nails with tinsnips and trim em up with a 10" half round bastard cut file.
        SWMBO loves me to scratch her back. LOL

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Fast Orange like the men in the garage use plus a good old nail brush shifts everything for me but leave your hands very dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitfaced View Post
            Give your hair a good wash (not saying that you necessarily need to of course!!). I find that's the best thing for cleaning my nails. Gloves don't always protect them as after a while mud gets inside them too.
            I've always said this! Everyone thinks I'm barmy! I've been out for dinner tonight and spent a good 10-15 mins before we went out "trying" to make mine presentable LOL!
            http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
              Can't get into that fancy stuff cut my nails with tinsnips and trim em up with a 10" half round bastard cut file.
              SWMBO loves me to scratch her back. LOL

Colin
              Ooh...ow!Ouch!
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I use disposable rubber gloves, similar to surgical/customs bottom inspection gloves... These are thin enough to do delicate things but keep your hands and nails nice and clean. They're not sturdy enough for heavy work, but you would wear gardening gloves for that type of work anyway. They last quite well and can be reused plenty of times if you're careful in getting them off. The downside can be you get a bit sweaty in hot weather, but thet's better than having ingrained dirt on your hands and under your nails.
                I think they work out at about 15p a pair, if you had to pay for them...

Comment

Thanks for that everyone. Seems like olive oil and sugar is the way to go. I'll also try a scrape of soap under nails. My hands are getting the old lady look now so all the help I can get is appreciated.

Could you mix up a small jar of oil and sugar to keep or would the sugar dissolve do you think?

Comment

I pour the oil into the palm of my hand, dollop some sugar in, salt if you don't have sugar. Then rub into both hands and around nails. Hands come up beautifully smoothed. Old nurse's trick picked up off my mum. Then rinse it off and pat dry. The hot bath will deal with the underside of your nails and you can just scrub or dig them out with brush or cuticle stick. You will look like you have been nowhere near a garden afterwards. I never use gloves despite owning several pairs as I am either in a rush or like to feel the earth - see what I am dealing with.
                    I suppose you could make up a Kilner/jam jar of the stuff; personally I don't bother, but that's just me!
                    ;-)
                    Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 24-05-2011, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I find doing the washing-up cleans my nails.
                      HTH
                      Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

I visited my friend a couple of monts ago.Our conversation:

Her:"You haven't sterted your garden yet"

Me:"How do you know?"

Her:"Cause your fingers are still clean"

That says everything.I stopped fighting the dirt on my fingertips as my index finger and thumb are permanently dirty in gardening season.I just can't help it.Too many weeds to nip when passing by...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X