Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only drill them when they are warm! Found out the hard way
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

We have too - OH cracked first one but all the rest he's drilled just dandy. We cut a few bottoms out to use as tompots in growbags, like the ring culture growpots?!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

If your drill is compact, try drilling from the inside with the pot sitting on some soil. Shouldn't crack then.

Comment

Or use a smaller bit for a pilot hole first

Comment

I just put them on the grass on a warm day and poke holes in them with an old phillips screwdriver, had about 2 out of 30 crack and they were still useable.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              Or use a smaller bit for a pilot hole first
              Doesn't matter It's the force you put on them. I drill all mine on the sides btw, to leave a small reservoir on the bottom.

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                Doesn't matter It's the force you put on them. I drill all mine on the sides btw, to leave a small reservoir on the bottom.
                I do that as well, then it means i've got a reservoir to keep the plans going if I go away for a few days.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Ah, I was doing mine in the bottom so I can water into trays etc.

Might try that with a few though see how it compares.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                    Ah, I was doing mine in the bottom so I can water into trays etc.

Might try that with a few though see how it compares.
                    I do mine in a bucket, but obviously only the dwarf ones, my tall toms go in the ground.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X