No announcement yet.

The ultimate companion tool to Root Trainers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris mine works like that eBay link I posted so I wondered that as well.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I too have just discovered the joys of planting with a bulb planter, mine spits the soil out with a squeeze of the handle like Brens.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Mine is like Kristens but I have to push the soil out, not a Bulldog though, Dobbies special

Comment

I bought mine from a junk shop. As many pots as I could grab (5 stacks about a metre high each of various sizes), a small hand hoe with a cultivator on the other end on a handle about 1.5' long , a little trowel and the bulb planter (mine releases the plug of soil when you compress the handle) cost me £6. I don't think I'd want one that you have to push the plug of soil out. This way I can use one hand to steady the seedling while using the other hand to release the plug of soil over the plant to bed it in.
          I do Charity Wild food walks. Check out www.msitu.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
            Well, at 3 times the price of "normal" hand bulb planters I'd hope so too!

It doesn't compress in though, do you just push the plug of soil out?
            I find that when you make the next hole, the soil from the last hole pushes out the top - or you can just push it out from the bottom if you are picky about these things! The ones where you loosen the planter with the handle just isn't deep enough or strong enough for my clay soil. I also use it to put posts such as my bean posts in, as you can get really deep with this one.

Comment

Ah, didn't think about clay being sticky too.. I think i'll buy one anyway, have had some birthday money so it'll be a useful purchase. Thanks for the recommendation on this thread

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X