Can I leave squash out in the cold g/h?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
    My tomatoes have been in my greenhouse for a month, the courgettes went out today. But I'm at the tail end of my last frost dates and with no rain predicted, we're not forecast less than 10 for the next week
    Hrms...it changed from 10 yesterday to now 5/6 this week this morning. I may have to rethink my plan...

Comment

All my toms and squashes are now in the greenhouse but they're all still in pots so can be dragged inside easily if needed due to a late frost. My peppers and chillies are still inside but they'll probably be outside soon too. Sweetcorn spent it's first full night out on Friday but that was in the greenhouse too and it won't be properly outside for week or so yet.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
        Yes, I also understand that 10 degrees is the minimum for active growth on tomatoes.
        Mine have been in the gh for a few weeks now (early due to this very warm spring) - they've had a bare minimum of 9 point something, but usually 10c at night

They're growing really fast, the tallest are 2 foot with flowers on. They need to slow down until I can get some of the tender flowers out, the gh is bursting at the seams
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X