Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had their peaceful gardening bliss ruined ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low flying military planes aren't for everyone, but they have to practice somewhere. Personally, I love 'em!

By the way, the plane you saw was a Hercules.

Comment

We have military jets over most days. They use our village church for a marker. Sometimes get them at night too. And the sea rescue helicopter andthe occasional chinook. Better by far than the Airedales over the road. They bark and howl whenever anyone walks past their gate.
      Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I'm trying to relax in the back garden this afternoon, but a neighbour has converted his garage into a play den for his teenage children. So I'm listening to their stereo ):
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Crikey, that is low! Think that would scare me half to death.

On Saturday afternoons in the summer I can hear the horns from the local sailing clubs while the racing is going on. That can be a bit of a pain. No low flying planes though lol.
          Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

Flying that low I would think he/she is one of the pilots/crews that work with the special forces. Fly in under radar land in the middle of nowhere do the business and fly back out. Just like they did in North Africa the other week to get those oil workers out.

Colin
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I also have the yappy dogs and boys do they fight with each other. Last year I started to panic as ther dogs were really going for it, evenyuall the owners came out and split them up. Also, 2 plots up from me they have 2 kids and all the kids do when they are down is shout and chuck stones in the water butt. I now take my ipod with me and if they are there, listen to that so I don't have to hear them.

Comment

Quite often have the 'copper chopper' hovering overhead. Probably peering in through the top of the greenhouses on the plot to see if anyones growing waccy baccy!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by moonjelly
                  ...OFSTED inspection...
                  Will - NOT - rant.
                  You have my sympathy though.

Comment

The disturbance yesterday was caused by young hoodies on motorbikes racing up and down the main road. They were warned off.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

neighbours with their rotovators on a quiet sunday afternoon

Comment

my peaceful garden time is oft' ruined by the "rag and bone man". When i first moved here i thought it was kinda sweet - harking back to times gone by, but now i feel like hitting him over the head with a rake as he spends all day going around the neighbourhood with a silly siren and shouting over his loudspeaker "ANY OLD IRON!!" Then when he stops at around 4pmish we have 2 - 3 hours of the ice cream man. Neither of these in of themselves compare to the loudness of a plane but it's the hours and hours of it that gets me.

Comment

We've had one of them round here recently.
                          "We are in your area [duh! really?] collecting unwanted metal including fridges, washing machines, tumble dryers and bicycles. All kinds of scrap metal collected free of charge."

The free of charge bit made me laugh at first... "Oh very kind... you mean you won't charge us to take away the thing you'll be selling to a scrap dealer? What a humanitarian!"... but after a while it started to grate a little.
                          Thoughts of taking a pocket knife to the speaker cable ran through my mind, but in the end I just decided to grumble and get over it.

Comment

The worst thing about living next door to fields (apart from the weeds) are kids and some adults on motorbikes racing around when the sun is out. Getting fed up up ringing the Anti-social Behaviour line who send out the plastic plods to chase them off.
                            Last edited by smc999; 14-04-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

hiya BigShot. Nice to hear a similar grumble. I try to get over the noise but then we get a day like today when not only does the silly man have a silly siren and keep shouting "ANY OLD IRON!!! but he's also got some numpty walking ahead of his van with a massive drum that he wallops before and after the siren goes off. Another day with 4 - 5 hours of this lot and i'll be sharpening my penknife too!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X