Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegetarian alternative to blood, fish and bone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant thanks a lot TwoSheds, will give that a go then.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lavender* View Post
      Just how smelly does this stuff get though?! Wondering if my plot neighbours might complain... I'm sure my OH will as well!
      Nettle tea smells like sewage on a warm day (ok maybe not that bad). i haven't used comfrey yet - waiting for my plants to be delivered - but i'd guess much the same. As long as you put a lid on it though you should be fine, i've got a couple of old paint buckets just for teas. Or do what Two Shed(?) does (or did, the other topic i'm reading is from 2007) and use an old plastic milk bottle.

Comment

Is it just a case of scooping the loose seaweed up from the beach when collecting it for the garden? Have been reading a foraging book and know you're best cutting the live stuff for that. But guessing it's different for gardening purposes?

I use the dead seaweed that gets washed up after big tides. I understand there are bye-laws in some areas that make it illegal to collect even dead seaweed. If the bureaucrats can find a way to stop you doing something they always will

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X