No announcement yet.

Permaculture

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every permaculture garden I've seen was different from the others. This is known as locally appropriate, and a large component of that is the growers' preferences. I think of myself as a permaculturist, but I don't import any manure. To me the main characteristic of permaculture is that you observe how ecosystems work, and then adapt that for human usefulness. I try to emphasize minimum input, maximum output. The minimum input is both in terms of my time, and in terms of lugging inputs from elsewhere. I do use a lot of cardboard, and I sow and plant through that, and I also use netting. I also try to arrange things (or, better still, be observant about where not to interfere) so that nature does the pest control. For instance, both the frogs and the slugs like living under the cardboard, and the former eat the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by planetologist View Post
      Every permaculture garden I've seen was different from the others. This is known as locally appropriate, and a large component of that is the growers' preferences. I think of myself as a permaculturist, but I don't import any manure. To me the main characteristic of permaculture is that you observe how ecosystems work, and then adapt that for human usefulness. I try to emphasize minimum input, maximum output. The minimum input is both in terms of my time, and in terms of lugging inputs from elsewhere. I do use a lot of cardboard, and I sow and plant through that, and I also use netting. I also try to arrange things (or, better still, be observant about where not to interfere) so that nature does the pest control. For instance, both the frogs and the slugs like living under the cardboard, and the former eat the latter.
      Nice one. I'd love to leave it all to nature meself
      qb

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X