Seed sprouters

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed sprouters

Do any of you use seed sprouters to grow micro greens? I have one and really like using it but I wondered if everyone soaks their seeds for 24hours first or do you just wet them and put them straight in your sprouter? If so, do you get good growth?
    I might try and experiment with this to see what happens.

I have always soaked seeds overnight - pkts say 8-12 hours, before putting in sprouter.
    Elsie

Comment

No need for a sprouter .... any plastic tray works fine

Comment

I used to use one and found it bulky and a pita in my kitchen then I found another which I much prefer - it's a shallow glass bowl with a very fine grill that just sits in the water so the seeds are permanently wet. As with the other, you change the water twice a day and I find that it's MUCH better as the seeds are watered all the time and grow much faster. Seeds like cress keep on growing for a long time. It works more like a cut and come again system! Here's a link.

Kiemgroenten - Kweekset Knip en Eet | Online Shop | Groente, Kruiden, Bloemen en Biologische Zaden

Comment

Yes, I soak them in a jar of water for 24 hours. Put a piece of muslin cloth over the top fixed with an elastic band and drian the water off. Must go and root out my 3 tray sprouter and seeds
          aka Neil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X