No announcement yet.

Tomato Saucer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great minds HF - I was just thinking about the packs of disposal foil trays in Wilkinsons. They are about 90 for 3. It's not as if I'll be moving the toms and the trays will hold plenty of water as well as the bucket. As you say, may be worth the try. Ta!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

You could place a smaller(pierced) bucket inside a larger bucket (unpierced) to act as a reservoir.

Or use 2 buckets of the same size with a good layer of gravel or stones to raise up the inner to ditto the above.

A cheap cat litter tray will also give you sufficient room at the front to place a small pot with the companion marigold which deters some kind of pest.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        I grow the tomatoes up taut string, tied to the roof at the top, and to a tent peg in the soil at the bottom

I tie my string to a small stone and bury it at the bottom of the planting hole.

Originally posted by quark1 View Post
        You could place a smaller(pierced) bucket inside a larger bucket (unpierced) to act as a reservoir.

Or use 2 buckets of the same size with a good layer of gravel or stones to raise up the inner to ditto the above.

A cheap cat litter tray will also give you sufficient room at the front to place a small pot with the companion marigold which deters some kind of pest.
        My first year growing toms in pots - I'm thinking of putting a small plastic container (like a cream cheese tub) at the bottom of the pot with a small water bottle with the bottom cut off to run some water in its direction - any thoughts please
        Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X