Seed casing still attached!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
    Oh dear, I have to confess , I wriggled out of the straight jacket and sort of had a little pull and...well now I have a headless seedling
    You utter MUPPET
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
      You utter MUPPET
      It lured me
      AKA Angie

Comment

Well, just to counter this argument, I removed the seed casing from 5 tomato seedlings this morning, and damaged none. So ner You just have to give it a little squeeze from the edges of the seed and it makes it part enough to ease the leaves out.

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
          Oh dear, I have to confess , I wriggled out of the straight jacket and sort of had a little pull and...well now I have a headless seedling
          Been there and done that
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Is it really much of a problem? It's just a seedling, you surely planted more. I could never find time in my life to spit on my stuck seed casings every day to ease them off over an extended period of time heh!

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowdan View Post
              Is it really much of a problem? It's just a seedling, you surely planted more.
              She has probably planted loads! This is just a bit of chit chat ya know?
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Is it really much of a problem? It's just a seedling, you surely planted more. I could never find time in my life to spit on my stuck seed casings every day to ease them off over an extended period of time heh!
                Due to lack of space, I only sow two of each variety as they have to go in windowsill propagators. They are chilli seedlings and for some reason I had trouble getting them to germinate this year so this was already a second sowing.
                As this one has now been beheaded its a bit late, I think, to re-sow
                AKA Angie

Comment

I sowed chillis in May last year SR - and still got fruits so go for it. And you are significantly more south of me!

Comment

After a while you develop a really good aim - I'm just like Josey Wales I've had so much practice, see that stuck on seedcase over there, -ting- sorted.
                    Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                      I sowed chillis in May last year SR - and still got fruits so go for it. And you are significantly more south of me!
                      Really? Great, will sow some more
                      AKA Angie

Comment

Oh dear. Time to add me to the ranks of seedling decapitators.

I had been spitting on Auntie Madge several times a day for a week and she was still sitting there looking pathetic. Over the years I've eased off several other seed cases and only occasionally nipped off the very end of a seed leaf so this morning I squeezed the edges, inserted a nail under the bottom and pushed ever so gently...

Thing is, I opened the seed case afterwards and there's nothing green in there. Looks as though she never actually developed seed leaves.
                        The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

I pull the seed casing bits off all the time, not yet had one beheaded - think you have to not do it too early.

Comment

Sorry they are impossible to resist, they taunt you, then taunt you a further time while telling you your father smelt of elderberries and your mother was a hamster.
                            My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

Yup, that's what it did yeronner!
                              The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

I'm feeling very pleased with my self I managed to free a Cayenne chilli pepper this afternoon and it looks like it will make it.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X