No announcement yet.

Whats your favourite pumpkin/squash?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt have any luck growing squashes/pumpkins last year, but on recommendation I am trying potimarron and one from real seeds (forget the name) this year.

From an eating point of view I love butternuts for sweet things, such as cakes and pies. I also tried a spaggetti squash I was given, which was fun!

Comment

Spaghetti squash and any of the potimarrons for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gillian62 View Post
        Premier Seeds on ebay do a good range, with only 1 p&p charge however many packets you buy.
        I tried to find Premier seeds on ebay (I love ebay ) but can'find them when I searched?

Thanks for all the tips and the offers of seed, I can't wait to get sowing and growing now. I've got a big delivery of manure coming on saturday, my pumpkins are going to love it!!

Very impressed with Pumpkin Becki's 20 varieties, I can see why you love them!

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
          Didnt have any luck growing squashes/pumpkins last year, but on recommendation I am trying potimarron and one from real seeds (forget the name) this year.
          Never heard of potimarrons before??

Comment

Didn't have much luck with cucurbits last year-rubbish germination and only 1 squash/pumpkin survived but no fruit.Still thinking,whether to try again or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahspatch View Post
              I tried to find Premier seeds on ebay (I love ebay ) but can'find them when I searched?
              Try this Premier Seeds Direct items - Get great deals on Italian Selection, O-Z items on eBay.co.uk Shops!

Used them last year and was very happy

Comment

Originally posted by sarahspatch View Post
                Never heard of potimarrons before??
                Uchiki kuri is believed to be the same as potimarron

Comment

Another one for Crown Prince. Its deliciously nutty, and the orange flesh against the greeny skin is great to look at.

They store incredibly too. Well into the next summer.
                  Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

I had a wonderful crop of spaghetti squash this year and we all loved eating them! Will be definitely growing these again this year.
                    I also tried butternut - Waltham, they were small but tasty so Ill try a few again.

Im also trying Crown Prince for the first time this season as everyone has said great things about them. Ive got some Black Futsu seeds too - has anyone tried these before?
                    Scarecrow: Come along, Dorothy. You don't want any of *those* apples.
                    Apple Tree: Are you hinting my apples aren't what they ought to be?
                    Scarecrow: Oh, no. It's just that she doesn't like little green worms!

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post

From an eating point of view I love butternuts for sweet things, such as cakes and pies. I also tried a spaggetti squash I was given, which was fun!
                      I grew one from the real seed company last year called Boston and it has a great taste AND kept really well, in fact have only just finished the last one as it was starting to go a bit soft
                      www.alifelesssimple.wordpress.com Up-dated Regularly

Biodynamic grower in training

Comment

There's a squash seed swap parcel if you want more of a range of seeds - see the Seed Swap area for the thread - I'm pretty sure there are still spaces...
                        S

Comment

My favourite squash is my namesake Thelma Sanders, when cut in half and stuffed with savoury rice they're a yum dinner for 2.
                          Other one i grow each year is Uchiki Kuri, but have 6 others to try this year LOL

Comment

I would have loved to join the seed parcel for squash but unfortunately you must be a member for over 6 months Never mind, I'm pretty sure I have enough to keep me going this year with about 9 varieties!

Steve

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X