No announcement yet.

cordon toms in pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a thought (lonely bugger) but Morrisons do 2 sizes of flower pot. I use the smaller ones for herbs ect and the larger ones for toms

Comment

Our plan is to plant in pots this year to give our coldhouse border soil a rest. Do people think allowing the roots to grow through to the border sold (which is pretty tomato sick) will matter, or will it hinder the plants?

Comment

Originally posted by King Carrot View Post
        How big is a Morrisons bucket exactly and how many liters do they hold?
        If anyone can do the honors with a tape measure and a measuring jug I’d appreciate it as we don’t have Morrisons here and I just want an idea of what I need to look for - for the first time ever I'm planning some container toms and peppers
        Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

I use the ASDA ones which are free. They are 10" diameter and 10" deep.
          History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

When I am next in Morrisons, I'll measure for you But I think about 10" wide (maybe 1 or two more) and deep.

Comment

Originally posted by King Carrot View Post
              If anyone can do the honors with a tape measure and a measuring jug
              OK, I'll go out to the gh now for you... hang on.

Right, now it's your fault I'm drinking beer on a school night - there was a forgotten pack of Crabbies next to the Morrisons buckets.

I can't fill the buckets: they have drainage holes in. I would guesstimate they hold 10 litres though
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 08-03-2011, 06:49 PM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

KC do you have a florist near to hand, if so are their cut flowers delivered in black buckets?

This was the original use for them over here and they were non returnable so 15 years plus ago you could get them for nowt.

Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Right, now I know what I'm dealing with, I'm going to plant some seeds

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    OK, I'll go out to the gh now for you... hang on.

Right, now it's your fault I'm drinking beer on a school night - there was a forgotten pack of Crabbies next to the Morrisons buckets.

I can't fill the buckets: they have drainage holes in. I would guesstimate they hold 10 litres though
                    You're welcome, least I can do for getting you out to measure, enjoy

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                    KC do you have a florist near to hand, if so are their cut flowers delivered in black buckets?

This was the original use for them over here and they were non returnable so 15 years plus ago you could get them for nowt.

Colin
                    I'm really after the sizes so I can find something in the used pot bins at a local garden center. A couple of years back they had piles of old pots and trays they couldn't reuse and were quite happy for their pile to get smaller - last time we filled a 6 x 4 trailer with smaller pots and cell trays, so we're going to call back to see if they still have all the old pots, hopefully they have and its trailer time again. Happy days

Originally posted by buzzingtalk View Post
                    When I am next in Morrisons, I'll measure for you But I think about 10" wide (maybe 1 or two more) and deep.
                    thanks for the all measuring people, really appreciate it
                    Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X