No announcement yet.

Is it time to sow carrots yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sown a few of my rainbow carrots today =)

Comment

I was going to suggest covering the ground in fleece. I did this last year, and got a few.

Germination was patchy, but I had early carrots which were a bonus.

I grew Early Nantes.
      Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

My carrots won't go in until April as I have enough to get on with this month I also don't want to risk lowering the crop count as they will probably be the most used veg in our house after the onions.
        www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          As you pull them, sprinkle more seed in the holes
          That would suggest that I am vaguely organised
          Last edited by Nicos; 08-03-2011, 09:01 PM.
          Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

I sowed some in a raised bed on 9th Jan. I really wanted to use the cloche my husband had bought me for Christmas. They started coming through a couple of weeks ago... even the seeds that found their way outside the cloche have come up! I don't know what the actual result will be though. This year is very much an experimenting year as I'm unable to lift much until late summer
            Follow my adventures on Twitter: @backyardveggie

My children will grow up knowing the Good Life... one day Tom and Barbara, one day!

Comment

Mantha, that's good news! Where are you? Can you pop your location into your profile, then we won't keep asking you ...!
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Well I did sow some Early Nantes under a fleece tunnel yesterday - we will see! It's our first year with our own garden, so I'm really just experimenting. It's one of those things where if nothing happens or we get a really rubbish crop, I'll either plant in a new place or try something else in that spot.

I wouldn't be surprised if germination is awful, as the only patch I had dug and topsoil-removed is in a fairly shady area. Didn't think of that one! We'll wait and see.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X