cavalo nero flowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cavalo nero flowers

my cavalo nero kale is running to seed now like quite alot of my broccoli. having not had enough leaves over winter, ive now got masses and flower stems that look like broccoli with small leaves on them. i decided to eat some today. wow! much much nicer than broccoli, they are so sweet!
    just thought id pass this on incase anyone is toying with the idea of eating them

Totally agree Leona, wonderful aren't they!!!

I suppose the knack is to keep on top of the picking to allow the plants to produce over a longer period!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hadn't thought of eating the flower head, although we've only got four plants so .....

...that would be a meal for one then
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

ive only got 3 plants but each produced at least enough for 2 if you mix in some leaves as well.

Comment

I was gonna ask if you'd pictures of what the flowers look like, as we're growing some this year, but it sounds like you've eaten them already!!!
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I hadn't thought of eating the flower head...I gave them to guinea pigs. Snapping the flower head off does make the plant produce some more leaves further down the stem, so they are MINE!
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X