No announcement yet.

Aubergine Query?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are beautiful, but taste of nothing (yes, I know they absorb flavours, but then you still have that bath-sponge texture to contend with ...)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Try thai long green, they taste of something. Maybe shop bought don't taste as nice...
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
        Try thai long green, they taste of something. Maybe shop bought don't taste as nice...
        I find shop bought somewhat bitter and bland in comparison to home grown so I don't bother buying them.

I am trying to grow loads of plants this year, I bought a packet of unwins mixed aubergine seeds which are doing really well at the min
        http://seasonalfamilyrhythm.blogspot.co.uk/ - My new blog

Comment

I've never had any luck with them.
          Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I think if they're cooked right, they are lovely to eat (especially in moussakka or similar)

Comment

Ooh they're very nice.... best in a lovely warm ratatouille with a little grilled lamb on the side, some crunchy bread and warm butter. Yum - that's summer on a plate for me.

My grandmother used to grow them in Maine... which has similar summer weather to the south of the UK. This is my first summer growing in the UK... the biggest difference so far is you can start things so early here! In Maine there's still 5 feet of snow on the ground.

I do have some 'eggplant' seedlings started in my windowsill. They were very slow going at first. I kept them in the window for 2 weeks and when I didn't see any activity I moved them and the sweet pepper/chili pepper to the boiler closet. They came up a few days later and have since moved back to the window with a lid over them. Hopefully they do well.
              http://harpurhey.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X