No announcement yet.

Saving tomato seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are wanting to grow those this season, you can just sow them direct from the plant.

Comment

Even though they'll be wet?
      Won't they just rot?
      The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Nope, shouldn't do!

Comment

(We really need a bouncing smiley)
          Right - where are those tomatoes...

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
            (We really need a bouncing smiley)

Your wish is here >>>>>>>>>

where are those tomatoes...
            Or you could have a more appropriate image of a bouncing tomato

Last edited by bearded bloke; 12-04-2011, 12:36 PM.
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Thanks bb. Those are grrrreat
              (How do you get them in the body of the post though? I've never succeeded yet!)

I've sown some seeds (had to dry them on kitchen paper for a couple of hours first 'cos they wouldn't let go of my fingers otherwise) and have just squeezed some others out into a jar.

Are we supposed to put on the lid, or leave it off?

ETA: Gosh, those smileys are terribly familiar, aren't they Zaz!
              Last edited by Sylvan; 12-04-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Pleased you like them

Getting them in the main body is easy enough,find you picture,right click & save/copy image location,then above the reply box there is an "Inset Image" button,click that & paste the saved link then OK,hey presto your image (sylvan-fairy by Will Wang) is in the main body,

Remember that the image counts the same as a smiley & the preview button is your friend

Comment

I've sown some seeds (had to dry them on kitchen paper for a couple of hours first 'cos they wouldn't let go of my fingers otherwise) and have just squeezed some others out into a jar.

Are we supposed to put on the lid, or leave it off?

ETA: Gosh, those smileys are terribly familiar, aren't they Zaz!
                  I leave it off; remember, 3 days - no more no less.

[Yes, they are a little deja vu ]
                  Last edited by zazen999; 12-04-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I'll take it off then.
                    Exactly 72 hours huh? I might be wicked and leave it for 72½

Thanks again bb. That'll be where I've gone wrong before - I've always tried using the URL.
                    Where did you find the picture of my cousin Peaches? (it looks exactly like her)

Comment

Wait, what do you do with the fermented juice? Is it boozey? Tommy wine? Actually, after spending ALL of saturday in bed, bar 1 trip to the loo - I think I'll pass until later on (still feel a bit hazy) - does it keep? ;p

Comment

Thanks again bb. That'll be where I've gone wrong before - I've always tried using the URL.
                        Where did you find the picture of my cousin Peaches? (it looks exactly like her)
                        Your most welcome Peaches can sometimes be a little more difficult to find as she seems to have a penchant for camouflage >>>>>

But seriously if you do a Google image search for .. sylvan-fairy .. you will find her

Comment

I remove my seeds from the tomato and pop them in a small jam jar, half fill them with water, shake and leave them for 3 days until the good seeds have dropped to the bottom of the jar. I then drain them through a sieve, then let them dry on kitchen paper. When they have dried I pop them in an envelope to share out between friends.

Comment

Thanks GN (and bb).

Now to find a sieve with sufficiently small holes...

Comment

Tea strainer will do. That's what I use.

Comment

My tea strainer's probably still packed in one of the boxes from the last move...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X