Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth growing potatoes small scale?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one Two Sheds just shows what can be done with a bucket, a little compost and the know how.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

It'll be my first time growing veg in containers (I've not actually grown veg before at all!). With there being only two of us, I'll probably use 2-3 of the potato grow bags to see how I get on.

It's just choosing which varieties!

Comment

Lil B,
        You will love it, I have been growing in containers for nearly 20 years and with a little thought found there is very little you cannot grow. It is getting easier all the time as there are now lots of purpose bred smaller plants.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Abso - blooming - lutely it is worth it!

(Yes was too short an answer!)
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Thanks all! I went to Poundland yesterday and got a bag of seed potatoes (Rocket, I think they were?) and a potato bag, so not bad for £2. I put all 8 seeds on a tray to chit last night, but perhaps I'd be better off saving 4 somewhere cool until summer, I couldn't plant all eight now. I'm gonna get another bag/tub and plant two in each container... then have four for another time...wdyt?

And just when I'd decided I'll "maybe try a pot o' spuds", I'm wondering now if I should get another variety or two but I must remind myself I just don't have the space in my tiny, sloping, paved, west-facing-with-the-only-sunny-wall-shadowed-by-neighbours-fence garden
            Gayle

Container gardening this year, bring on the Spring!

Comment

Dont forget if their in any kind of container they can be moved as the year progress's to take best advantage of the sun.

I go so far as to turn my bins a quarter turn once a week to present a different aspect to the sun.

Good luck Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

must be me then, I never have a good yield from growing in pots/sacks, so it's the ground for the salad potatoes this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X