Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats good then- happy growing
    Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
    -- Alfred E. Neumann
    http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Health Check time. how are the Broadbeans looking?

I know they are leaning due to phototropism but are they showing any signs of too much/too little watering?
      Am I right or wrong that the curling up of the leaves is not enough light?
      Is that white stuff good or bad in the last picture?
      finally should I be "pruning" anything off them or indeed any other seeds as they grow? I keep reading pinching out but am not totally sure what this means. Is it where one stem should only have a set number of offshoots? Or is that wrong? Cheers all Really appreciate the replies.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Chef_uk; 20-02-2011, 03:22 PM.
      www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Chef they look OK. Turn them every day if they're leaning to the light. Where are they? Not indoors I hope, they are perfectly suited to be in a coldframe or a cold greenhouse

You don't need to pinch them out until the blackfly appear in May/June. Then you nip all the soft tips off
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Bedroom windowsill. Still under 5c in the greenhouse. Would they be ok in that? Thanks for explaining the pinching out
          www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Mine are all in the cold greenhouse and have been since November - it's only 3c today

Comment

I'd get them outside asap during the day and by the weekend, put them into the greenhouse day and night. If you have windowsill space, there are better plants to put on them - chilis and peppers come to mind.

Comment

Brilliant, cheers guys. Will start them off tomorrow morning in the greenhouse and bring them in at night until the weekend
                www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Another query

Can my lettuce and cabbages start off in pots so I can transplant them out to grow under the weed suppressant or am i best to lift of the membrane, hoe the weeds as the come through over the next couple of weeks, then plant seeds direct? I have two 3m polytunnels set aside for them in either case.
                  www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

If you have slugs ... sow in modules/pots first, and transplant

Comment

I always start my lettuce and cabbage as plug plants, then plant on when they are nice and strong.

Colin
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Yep, found some baby slugs as I was lifting the membrane the other day and today. Thanks alot
                        www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X