No announcement yet.

how productive are you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very anal and weigh everything I harvest and then I go onto the website of a well known supermarket and see what they charge for that particular item. Then I record it all neatly in a spreadsheet ..............

.... which I then make a point of showing to OH (he's here beside me with his scotch) because MY hobby has returned a 59% profit on the investment His hobby on the other hand ....................... (let's not go there)

Seriously though, So far I've 'made' a profit of £109 based on what it would have cost me to buy that quantity of veg in. I am soooooooo proud this year.

Comment

I like to see what I can get for nothing,this year I bought seed potatoes and radish and carrot seeds,everthing else,I had left over from last year,so just over a £5 for my whole year.
      Just starting next years seed list,will be a dearer year next year,but buying in bulk and looking after the seed does create good value.Oh and I've had some excellent free dinners from "rougue" plants like potatoes that self seeded from the previous year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X