Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato Days 2011

The year is not yet out but thoughts already turn to next years planting

Chesterfield Potato Day 2011 will be on the 29th January, a great chance to buy a selection of varieties, I just need to try and keep myself in check this time and not get carried away like this year

If anyone else knows of a Potato Day event in their area please feel free to add detail to this thread.

Yes i use Chesterfield as well, Jilly, they're early aren't they, well organised (worth mentioning they're part of the impressive nationwide Transition movement). I overdid it last year as well (still digging 'em up!), I tend to stick to varieties I know and think reliable but on their latest list thought I might try Kestrel and Salad Blue (both 2nd Earlies). Any views on those and which ones are tempting you?

Some other Potato Days already being announced include:
    Potato Days 2011 (London/South/South-West)
    Hampshire Potato Day Details
    East Anglia Potato Day

And I'm sure many many more to follow....

Comment

We've got Ryton's Potato Days that last weekend in January as well

National Potato Day - Forthcoming event in association with Garden Organic

Comment

3rd Potato Day at Gardenwise of Dumfries. Date to be confirmed but should be early March. I have my own list going here Potato Days 2011
        If you don't mind adding it to my list aswell when you post it on here
        Potato videos here.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
          ....I tend to stick to varieties I know and think reliable but on their latest list thought I might try Kestrel and Salad Blue (both 2nd Earlies). Any views on those and which ones are tempting you?

And I'm sure many many more to follow....
          Salad Blue is annoyingly hard to find if you're diggin it up in the evening.... indeed all the blues I gre this year share that problem, Blue Danube and Vitelotte were just as bad and I expect no difference from COngo when it finally decides it's ready...

chjrisc

Comment

The First SE Essex Potato Day!

We're delighted to announce that, in association with Leigh-on-Sea Allotment*& Leisure Garden Association, we're holding our first Potato Day on Saturday 19 February, 10am - 2pm.
            You'll be able to choose from a selection of over 30 varieties of potato - all available to buy by the tuber, perfect for allotment holders and gardeners, a third organic.
            Refreshments will be available.
            The event will be kindly hosted by Trust Links at Growing Together Gardens, 47 Fairfax Drive, Southend-on-Sea.*SSO 9AG (corner of Fairfax Drive and Prittlewell Chase).
            Please park in Prittlewell Chase and use Fairfax Drive entrance.
            The admission price will be £1.00.
            For further details, please see SEEOG

See you there!

Comment

Potato Day and Seed Swap at Yalding Gardens, 29th Jan 2011

Come and join us for Yalding Gardens’ first Potato and Seed day. We will have dozens of seed potato varieties including organic, disease resistant and heritage seed potatoes all to buy by the tuber. We will also be having a seed swap where you can bring along your excess seeds to swap with those we have saved at the gardens including heritage seeds and seeds from fellow growing enthusiasts. There will also be growing tips, information, games, recipes.

Entry £1.50, Kids Free (includes entrance to the gardens)

For More info call 01622 814650, e.mail info@yaldinggardens.org or visit the website Home - Visit Yalding Organic Gardens, Bushel Box Cafe and Bushel Box Farm Shop, Yalding, Kent

Comment

.... and there's more

Full (as I can get it) list, as ever, at www.potatoday.org - please shout (electronically) if I've got any wrong or missed any off Phil

Comment

[QUOTE=caroleshorney;776726]We're delighted to announce that, in association with Leigh-on-Sea Allotment*& Leisure Garden Association, we're holding our first Potato Day on Saturday 19 February, 10am - 2pm.

I'll be there, can't wait!!! Its more than about time we had a potato day down our way, I'm quite sadly excited!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X