Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else has got big ones (tomatoes of course)?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
    I had a 1lb 3oz Amish Paste about a week ago. There's still a couple of whoppers ripening in the greenhouse, so may beat that yet
    Saw that on fb it looked enormous. I don't think I will be able to beat it if you top todays picking cos all the rest look smaller and they're all growing outside but I'll give them a good talking to and see what happens
    AKA Angie

Comment

Had a black krim that weighed in at 1lb 3oz, but I can't transfer my phtos to the computer yet...

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
        Had a black krim that weighed in at 1lb 3oz, but I can't transfer my phtos to the computer yet...

Ah black krim do grow down this part of the world ! Ive just got some seeds for next year !

Comment

Having problems uploading too at the min but if I can get a pic in the next few days I will try and get it on.
          AKA Angie

Comment

I've grown some beef toms from seed brought back from Minorca. I thought it might be a gamble as to whether they would grow outdoors here, but they have flourished and some of them are huge. I hadn't thought to weigh them, but I will this evening!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
              Some of my Costoluto Fiorentino are pretty big. I'll weigh them when I harvest them, but they're not ripe yet.
              So are some of my 'Purple Ukraine', which are plums (tomatoes of course). I've had some of them already, and the rest are ripening fast. Some still on the vine in the greenhouse are HUGE!.
              Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Bah, I'm growing for taste this year, that's the thing that matters.

(Womble, who doesn't have any large tomatoes)
                "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

oh crap....I saved the seeds form the black krim one, and they were all nice and dry, and then I just put in the black truffle ones by mistake....I'm bleedin USELESS at this stuff....

Comment

Here is one of my larger ones, I've put a battery which was to hand next to it for scale

It was some kind of Heirloom but I forget which one as I had several....

Last edited by nomis; 08-09-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

a guy i work with grew "Country Taste" this year
                      had a 2lb 2 oz tommie

Comment

looks like I was slightly over-estimating the weight, looks like it was 1lb 2oz

Comment

Apparently the heaviest one ever grown was over 7lb!
                          AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                            Apparently the heaviest one ever grown was over 7lb!
                            that's an awful lot of cow poo

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                              that's an awful lot of cow poo
                              Must be a whole herd of poo
                              AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...