No announcement yet.

got 0 ripe tomato's so far!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had tons of tomatoes this year. I would say its probably the best year Ive ever had. Outdoor and greenhouse toms coming quicker than i can use them. Have given them to friends and neighbours and have frozen the surplus to make tomato sauce when i get the time.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      I've got over 30 plants- and so far only picked about 4bs- and most of that has been in the last few days

geee...they're slow at coming through this year
      30?! Wow must tell Mr H. He reckoned my 23 was excessive
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Hi Leeds Lad, Im in leeds too and so far only my sun gold have ripened. Will defo do these again as am getting a small but steady anddelicious supply. The rest have yet to do the business! mind you it feels quite autumnal in leeds some days, wheres the long hot summer gone!!
        http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

We've had loads ripening in the last couple of weeks. Before that, they seemed to be green for ages. Still have lots of green ones yet.

They're all in a polytunnel, so I guess outdoor ones could be later.
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jackyspratty View Post
            Hi Leeds Lad, Im in leeds too and so far only my sun gold have ripened. Will defo do these again as am getting a small but steady anddelicious supply. The rest have yet to do the business! mind you it feels quite autumnal in leeds some days, wheres the long hot summer gone!!
            Might try sun gold next year then as I'm only 20 miles from Leeds. All mine are still green showing no signs of changing, even after putting down some banana skins - an idea I picked up from here.
            Mind you the OH picked the variety and I have a feeling she went for ones that are supposed to go black

Comment

Only had a couple of sungold so far. Everything else green, and as lots of you say, my outdoor ones are so much better than my greenhouse. I had the same problem last year too!

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                30?! Wow must tell Mr H. He reckoned my 23 was excessive
                Silly man!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'm a bit further North than Leeds, and mine started to turn about 10 days ago, and I have filled two tesco bags with them this morning, some had even gone soft

Comment

I have 40 varying Tomato plants in the poly tunnel, of yet, only the smaller varieties have given us ripe Tom's, However, there is an abundance of green tom's which are slowly turning. I reckon over the next two months I will be picking every other day.

It is very interesting how those with outdoor toms are reporting ripening sooner than the toms grown under glass etc.
                    Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

Just frozen 2lbs picked yesterday!!!...my glut is starting!!!!!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well, i appear to have the early signs of blight. so if i don't get any redness within the next week or so it's green tomatos for tea for the next 3 weeks!

Comment

Well even so you're doing better than I am - I've three plants in my growhouse, all of which look fairly healthy but haven't done much in the way of production thus far.

Fortunately, one plant is now producing tomatoes and I've got a few small bunches which have appeared over the last week or so, so whilst I don't think I'll be getting a bumper crop, I am hopeful that I'll at least get enough to warrant the grow bags and tomato feed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X