spiders web's or not ???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiders web's or not ???

hi all i have got some cucumber plants in my greanhouse gut the other night i noticed they seam to be covered in like spiders webs and the leaves are turning yellowish and also turning up at the edges i have attached a photo
    so can any one tell me what it is and how to get rid of it
    and another short question can you keep tomatoes in the same greenhouse ??
    Attached Files

Spiders are your friend

I have a little one in my kitchen window busy trapping & eating fruit flies. Same in greenhouse

edit: what you've got isn't spiders
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 29-07-2010, 08:44 PM. Reason: actually looked at the photo provided
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Glasshouse spider mite? Royal Horticultural Society | Advice Search | Glasshouse red spider mite

Comment

you might have a spider mite infestation. Damp down the floor of your greenhouse and keep the air moist, they don't like it.

Comment

I came across this but not sure if it's of any use.

Symptoms...................................................... Probable Causes

Leaves turn yellow. Silky webs on plant.......................Red spider mite
          Leaves turn yellow. Small green insects...................Greenfly
          Clouds of tiny insects............................................... Whitefly
          Holes in leaves or stems. Slime trail.........................Snail / Slug
          Leaves discoloured, plant collapses........................Root knot Eelworm
          Grey fluffy growth on stems, fruit and leaves...............Botyritis
          Leaves wilt, dark stem, plant dies................................Collar rot
          Leaves mottled yellow, wilting...............................Mosaic Virus
          Leaves turn yellow from base upwards......................Verticillium wilt
          Sunken, oozing spots on fruit................................... Gummosis
          Wet dark wounds on stems, leaves and fruit..........Sclerotinia disease
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X