No announcement yet.

What will you sow?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already started getting my pots ready for pea shoots, chives and parsley - the pots sit on my kitchen windowsill. I'll sow some Hatif D'Annonay peas in September, at the end of September I'll sow some Broadies (I live in the Highlands, they need to sown before October or the ground will be too frozen to work). Already started sowing Christmas carrots and early spring carrots - we love carrots. Sowings will continue until mid September. Will start sowing Pak Choi soon for the next couple of months (or so depends on the weather) to get small tasty plants. I grow them in 3" pots during late Autumn/early Winter inside the greenhouse. Cyboes/Spring Onions for next year will be started September.
    Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 09-08-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Am planning to sow potatoes for Christmas (again! So far, haven't been successful) and thanks, FROSTYFRECKLE for the idea of sowing carrots as well. Will have them both in the polytunnel (a new addition) this year, so I'll be hoping for success.
      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for your help, everyone. We'll include as many tips as possible in the October magazine.
        GYO magazine is on twitter and facebook! Visit us at www.twitter.com/GYOmag and www.facebook.com/growyourownmag

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X