No announcement yet.

tobaacco experiment part 3

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, the horse lives in the shed and is fed on dried tobacco leaves and drinks illicitly distilled alcohol. Hic.
    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Originally posted by Caro View Post
      Yep, the horse lives in the shed and is fed on dried tobacco leaves and drinks illicitly distilled alcohol. Hic.
      And they tell me I'm potty!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        And they tell me I'm potty!
        that's in another place, sometimes in the house, sometimes it's called the outhousev

Comment

Brilliant, Lynda.... puff puff, with you all the way... My tobacco growing exploits recorded at

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eed_38826.html

and as I remember it, it was on the seed packet that you had to notify the Customs who would come and count the leaves...lol... I kid you not !

I've given up smoking for a few years now (still miss it lalalalala...) so no longer grow it but I think strictly speaking that rule still applies, see for example

Customs to weed out home-grown tobacco fans - This Britain, UK - The Independent

Don't worry about jail, we'll come and visit you and share a fag! x

Comment

Originally posted by nomis View Post
            Distilling alcohol is dangerous as it involves flames and high pressure flammable gas/liquids etc. So it's illegal for safety reasons, rather than because they do not want you making your own vodka. Done wrong it could take out a house
            may have to give that a go then

Comment

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
              Brilliant, Lynda.... puff puff, with you all the way... My tobacco growing exploits recorded at

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eed_38826.html
              I'm quite intrigued by growing your own 'baccy' but the link doesn't explain a lot. Where can I get tobacco seeds and try this experiment or any more informative links to get me started? When can I grow it and in what environment? Thanks.

I know smoking is bad for me but growing my own with no added chemicals would set my mind at rest slightly.

Comment

tobacco items - Get great deals on Plants Seeds Bulbs items on eBay UK! ebay is your friend .......... type growing tobacco or curing tobacco into google ..... cos thats your friend too lol some vids re preparation on you tube too

you really do need to grow them in summer though, unless you have a big room with artificial sun lamps, they do appear to need sunshine you can grow it outdoors or in a greenhouse wherever you have space really but they are very attractive to slugs so growing organically or not ...... slug pellets are the way forward

Comment

Re: Alcohol, it's less to do with fire/explosion risks, and more to do with the potential to accidentally make Methanol instead of Ethanol.
                  Methanol is poisonous, ie Methylated Spirits (white spirit) paint thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by El Greeno View Post
                    Re: Alcohol, it's less to do with fire/explosion risks, and more to do with the potential to accidentally make Methanol instead of Ethanol.
                    Methanol is poisonous, ie Methylated Spirits (white spirit) paint thinner.
                    nowt wrong with a bit of meths ... hic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
                      So its got nothing to do with the government losing revenue?

Ahh, so cynical for one so young!!
                      Nor giving yourself brain damage by producing absinthe strength stuff unbeknowingly like the fake stuff that gets bootlegged into the country. I will stick to wine making me thinks. Much more controllable

Wren

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X