Toms- what do YOU use??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    I use tights as well, it didn't take long to cut them into strips and they're reusable after a quick wash in the bucket.
    to wear???
    Last edited by hamsterqueen; 21-07-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

i've used cable ties, bits of cotton which i doubled over a few times because its a bit thin and some lead-free solder

Comment

Ha ha at using the tights again after they have been cut into strips lol

Normead, lead free solder to tie up toms? How does this work? I cant imagine what you mean
        http://sara-howdoesyourgardengrow.blogspot.com/

Comment

i just cut off a length of solder and wrap it around the plant and cane like you would with wire

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmead View Post
            i just cut off a length of solder and wrap it around the plant and cane like you would with wire
            Ah, right, now i understand

I am a string kind of girl so nothing else will do for me.

Comment

Jeez, go and buy some string!
              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post

Ha ha, i wanted to say that but i didnt.

Comment

I use old tights/stockings which I cut up into half inch circles then tie them in a figure of eight around the plants, as it is so soft it does not harm the stems...hope this helps....it's the first question I have been able to answer!!!!!!

Comment

i kept meaning to get some but everytime i went to b&q i forgot about it

Comment

i kept meaning to get some but everytime i went to b&q i forgot about it
                      Dont buy it from there, its way too expensive, go to Wilkinsons.

I am terrible for forgetting things when i go out so i try to remember to write it on my hand.

So you are not suggesting the soldering wire as an option then? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ninjajane View Post
                        computer cable ties that were lying around at work looking like they needed a new purpose in life...
                        And here's me thinking I would have been the first one to say it. Everytime I unbox a keyboard or mouse I Always pocket the ties for the plot. So handy!!!!

Comment

I work with computer cables all the time and it's amazing how many things in the garden have Cat5e cable supporting them for a start the raspberries have lovely blue Cat5e supports.
                          Ha ha That made me laugh!!!! you could support several plants with cables attached to a hub!

Comment

Woo im famous!

Comment

Originally posted by Bountyhunter View Post
                              So you are not suggesting the soldering wire as an option then? lol

well if youve got some lying around and youve nothing else to use i wouldnt buy solder specially to tie tomatoes with
                              Last edited by Nordmead; 22-07-2010, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by haza1981 View Post
                                Ha ha That made me laugh!!!! you could support several plants with cables attached to a hub!
                                No one uses hubs any more, it's all managed switches now. I could fill several landfill sites with cheap hubs. Daft but true.
                                "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X