No announcement yet.

Potato Mystery

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To mowl = relaxed working (maybe with a beer, some good music...)

I like it

Urban Dictionary: Mowl

I'm not sure that's what Arthur meant
    So my own definition, "Mowling up" means to get p1ssed...... to music, whilst working.
    Last edited by womble; 16-06-2010, 07:02 AM.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Potato Mowling

I was helping out on a farm in the West of Ireland and the old gaffer told us to go along the potato rows and mowl (Maybe it was 'mole') them up. He showed us what he meant by earthing up the potatoes on the top of the ridges they were planted on. Getting the earth from the base of the ridge somewhere he shovelled it up around the stems and then patted it with the back of his narrow spade which had a long blade. the handle of this implement was just a pole and a lot easier to use than the traditional English spade.
      Why is it that we use odd backbreaking tools here while the rest of the world seem to know better. We don't seem to use azadas here either which everybody else does. I have one of these and its a fantastic tool. You pull the soil towards yourself with it. Very easy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X